The month of August is full of Summer foodie events in Virginia. Don't miss out on these fun activities, and drop us a line if you have any other foodie events to add to the calendar!
- National Ice Cream Sandwich Day - August 2
- National Watermelon Day - August 3
- National Oyster Day - August 5
- Shore Craft Beer Fest - August 5 (Cape Charles)
Craft beer lovers should check out this festival featuring local craft beer made by local breweries on the Eastern Shore.
- BrewHaHa Virginia Craft Beer Festival - August 5 (Richmond)
In recognition of Virginia Craft Beer Month, the Virginia Historical Society will host its first annual “BrewHaHa ” craft beer festival. The event will feature samples of rare historic beer recipes along with other beer selections from local breweries, live music, and food.
- BBQ and Brew @ Kings Dominion - August 5-20 (Saturdays and Sundays) (Richmond)
A three weekend event with mouthwatering BBQ, toe-tapping live entertainment, and a beer garden featuring local craft beers in Virginia.
- On Sunny Slope Farm Wine Festival - August 6 (Harrisonburg)
Spend a Sunday afternoon enjoying tastings from local wineries, live music, food, activities and craft/artisan vendors on Sunny Slope Farm.
- Peach Festival in Winchester - August 12 (Winchester)
Indulge on all things peaches - peach cobbler, peach pie, peach turnovers, peach ice cream, fresh peaches galore at the Peach Festival at Marker Miller Orchards.
- Microfestivus Craft Beer Festival - August 12 (Roanoke)
This event showcases the best regional micro and craft brewed beers from over 70 brewers to local residents and visitors in West Downtown Roanoke,
- Beer, Bourbon & BBQ - August 12 (Virginia Beach)
A day of beer sippin', bourbon tastin', music listenin', and barbeque eatin' in Virginia Beach. Your admission buys you a sampling glass so you can enjoy an all-you-care-to- taste sampling of beer and bourbon!
- Carytown Watermelon Festival - August 13 (Richmond)
The perfect celebration of peak Summer in Richmond with nearly 50 performances scheduled and more than one hundred street vendors planning to transform Cary Street into the granddaddy of street festivals.
- Eastmont Tomato Festival - August 19 (Shawsville)
Choose from famous fried green tomatoes, BLTs, pizzas, tomato sandwiches, tomato biscuits and more at the Eastmont Tomato Festival in Shawsville.
- Virginia Craft Brewers Fest - August 19 (Charlottesville)
Join thousands of craft beer lovers from Virginia and surrounding states to chat and enjoy tastings from nearly 100 different breweries across the state.
- Gluten Free Food Allergy Fest - August 26-27 (Richmond)
Gluten-Free foodies rejoice! The Gluten Free Food Allergy Fest is the largest expo of it’s kind in the Richmond area with over 60 exhibitors showcasing their gluten-free products.
- National Burger Day - August 27
- LOCKN’ Festival (Arrington) - August 24-27
This 4-day music festival puts an emphasis on world class music, locally sourced food and sustainability, and is held annually at the Infinity Downs Farm and Oak Ridge in the foothills of the Blue Ridge in Central Virginia.