- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vin
- 1/4 cup melted earth balance
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 5/8 package of strawberries, smashed w fork maybe equal to 1.5 cups
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp earth balance
- lil bit of lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Oat milk, as desired
- Preheat oven to 375
- Lightly grease 9 inch round cake pan with earth balance.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix vanilla, oat milk, ACV, and melted earth balance together in a separate medium mixing bowl.
- Combine wet with dry ingredients in large bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Transfer dough onto heavily floured counter top, make sure you have a lot of rolling space.
- Roll out into a long rectangle, dough should be roughly 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine lemon zest, lemon juice and strawberries in a small mixing bowl. Smash together using a fork or pestle and mortar, until a pulp like consistency is formed. Strain out any excess liquid through a double walled strainer.
- Transfer back into small bowl, add brown sugar and mix together.
- Spoon filling on top of the long rectangular dough sheet, leaving edges empty for rolling.
- Roll dough, starting from the long width of the rectangle until a long tube is formed.
- Using your sharpest knife, cut 1inch thick rounds from the tube and arrange in a spiral starting from the outside of your cake pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While buns are baking, combine cream cheese, earth balance, lemon juice and vanilla in small mixing bowl.
- Slowly sift powdered sugar over top while mixing. Mix in oat milk in 2 tbsp increments until reaching desired consistency. Refrigerate icing until buns are finished.
- Remove buns from oven, drizzle icing over top.
Author: Julia, Foodie
Serves: 15-20 rolls
This delightfully light, sweet dessert is sure to satisfy vegans and nonvegans alike. Utilizing in season strawberries makes all the difference in this recipe, giving it a juicy and fresh flavor.