With all of these food, drink, and music festivals in and around virginia this august there's no excuse to be bored. hit the road or find an event happening in your town and get in on all the foodie fun.
- National Ice Cream Sandwich Day - August 2nd
- National Watermelon Day - August 3rd
- Steppin' Out - August 3-4th (Blacksburg)
Steppin' Out features over 200 artists and festival foods are provided by downtown restaurants.
- National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day - August 4th
- Whistle Belly Beer Festival - August 4th (Williamsburg)
30 breweries, 80 beers, and delicious eats - proceeds benefit local non-profits and scholarships to high school students via the JWCW.
- Rhythm, Brews, and Vine Fest - August 4th (Galax)
From noon to 6pm in downtown Galax there will be a perfect blend of live music and craft beer.
- Workhouse Brewfest - August 4th (Lorton)
This event features live performances by popular bands, unique food trucks, access to 12 art galleries and 65 artist studios, and beer, spirits, and wine.
- BrewHaHa Craft Beer Festival - August 4th (Richmond)
The event will feature beer selections from many of your favorite Virginia breweries, live music, and food options.
- FreedomFest - August 4-5th (Fredericksburg)
This is a celebration of local craft beer, music, community and patriotism. You'll find a lineup of local musicians, area breweries, food trucks, vendors and other awesome activities.
- Peach Daze Fuzztival - August 4-5th (Bluemont)
Celebrate peak peach picking season with this summer fruit themed drinks, eats, and more.
- National Oyster Day - August 5th
- National Zucchini Day - August 6th
- 13th Annual Filipino Festival - August 10-11th (Henrico)
Featuring a delectable cuisine, folk dances and music, the Filipino Festival has attracted thousands of attendees.
- Tap Tap Craft Beer Festival - August 11th (Chesapeake)
There will be over 50 beers to sample, local food trucks, games, wine, and vendors at this festival.
- Peach Festival at Marker-Miller Orchards - August 11th (Winchester)
Feast on peach cobbler, peach pie, peach turnovers, peach ice cream, and fresh peaches galore.
- 7th Annual BBQ & Bluegrass Festival - August 11th (Purcellville)
Expect wine tastings, local BBQ, craft vendors, and live bluegrass music all day long at this event.
- Beer, Bourbon, & BBQ Festival - August 11th (Virginia Beach)
Sip some beer, drink some bourbon, and chow down on BBQ at this festival celebrating all three.
- The Black Dog Beach Music Festival - August 11th (Floyd)
Enjoy select Chateau Morrisette red and white flights, festival foods, and a full afternoon of beach music.
- Brewstock - August 11th (Middletown)
Held at Backroom Brewery, Brewstock is bringing Woodstock back with a large stage and sound system, acres and acres of primitive camping, food trucks and a huge beer tent.
- Carytown Watermelon Festival - August 12th (Richmond)
It's the peak of summer in Richmond with 50 performances scheduled and more than 100 street vendors planning to transform Cary Street into the granddaddy of street festivals.
- National Rum Day - August 16th
- Annual Virginia State Peach Festival - August 17th (Stuart)
This festival features concerts, local peaches, contests, art and craft vendors, historical demonstrations, food vendors, and much more.
- Cloverfield Village Wine Festival - August 18th (Appomattox)
Local wineries, breweries & distilleries will gather along with food vendors and live music for this local festival.
- Virginia Craft Brewers Festival - August 18th (Charlottesville)
Featuring more than 100 Virginia craft brewers, an eclectic mix of food trucks and great music this is a must attend festival for beer and food lovers.
- Pizza Paradiso's Summer Fest - August 18th (DC)
Unlimited pizza and beer included in ticket purchase for this four-hour event.
- The Gluten Free Food Allergy Fest - August 18-19th (Richmond)
This event brings together over 50 exhibitors for you to meet and taste their products free of gluten.
- The Big Dip Potato Harvest - August 18-19th (Bluemont)
Grab the kids, your shovel and reusable grocery bag for the Annual Pancake Breakfast and Potato Harvest.
- DC Beer Week Lager Fest - August 19th (DC)
DC Brewers' Guild and City Winery will kick off DC Beer Week 2018 with a celebration of the District of Columbia's rich lager brewing history.
- National Bacon Lover's Day - August 20th
- LOCKN' Festival - August 23-26th (Arrington)
This four day music festival also includes regional food, beverages and artisans.
- National Peach Pie Day - August 24th
- 4th Annual Coastal Craft Beer Festival - August 25th (Virginia Beach)
Neptune’s Park will be transformed into a craft beer lover’s haven featuring local Virginia beers and cask ales, as well national and regional craft beers.
- Grayson Wine & Brew Fest - August 25th (Independence)
Enjoy wine from various Southwest VA wineries and along with local food on the lawn of the 1908 Courthouse.